The Surgical Technology program prepares students to perform general technical support tasks in the operating room before, during and after surgery. Includes pre-operative instruction, handling surgical instruments at the table side, maintaining supply inventory before and during operations, sterilization and cleaning of equipment, maintaining clean and sealed environments, following operating room safety procedures and record-keeping, and working with the surgical team. The program also prepares students to function as a member of the surgical team, including, anesthesiologist and scrub nurses.
The graduates of this program will have the knowledge, attitude and skills which will enable them to become safe and competent Surgical Technologists.
A Graduate should be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to comprehend, apply, and evaluate information pertinent to the practice of surgical technology (cognitive domain).
- Perform, independently, skills required for employment as an entry-level practitioner (psychomotor domain).
- Exhibit professional behaviors consistent with college and employer standards for a surgical technologist (affective domain).
- Quick & Easy Medical Terminology
- Review of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, 9th Ed
- Steps to Writing Well with Additional Readings, 11th Edition.
- College Algebra 2nd edition.
- Psychology 8th Edition in Modules
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Pathology for the Health Professions
- Surgical Technology: Principles and Practice
- Pharmacology for the Surgical Technologist