NORCROSS INSTITUTE OF ALLIED HEALTH was started in 2005 to provide the community with a postsecondary learning institution that offers students technical training in the field of healthcare. The faculty, staff, and administrators at NIAH share in the desire of becoming a preeminent institute committed to its students and the surrounding community. Drawing on our own experience, the resources at our disposal, and the expertise of others, we strive to provide our students with the best possible training in a timely manner, and with the greatest possible attention to the details that support their success and their satisfaction with our institution. NIAH strives toward the following goals:
- To become a national leader in developing and providing technologically advanced academic and student healthcare services program.
- To become a model to other similar institutions by developing collaborative partnerships with various healthcare facilities to deliver public services.
Anthony E. Obazee, MD, RHE
Director and CEO
The goal of Norcross Institute of Allied Health is to assist our students in the procurement of meaningful, rewarding careers in the field of their choice. To attain this goal, NIAH has established these objectives:
- to provide affordable training in health care programs that will prepare students to take the examination given for national certification in their field;
- to instill in the student a recognition of the importance of life-long learning;
- to promote the understanding and appreciation of ethical and medical professionalism;
- to ensure that the student will be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with patients, families and other healthcare professionals;
- to teach the basic skills and fundamentals necessary to understand the profession the student wishes to practice.
Qualified instructors in a small classroom setting provide this training, allowing more instructor/student interface and assistance.
In addition, Norcross Institute will provide the following:
- Necessary equipment and resources to enhance the learning experience for each student.
- Certificate of completion for all healthcare programs offered.
- Assistance in arranging board exams with ARDMS, CCI, or AMT.
- Assistance in reviewing requirements for ARDMS and CCI board exams for Ultrasound and AMT for Laboratory Assistant.
- All paperwork required from NIAH.
- Assistance with job placement for all students, upon receipt of their national certification.
There is indication of a considerable need for more certified healthcare professionals and Norcross Institute’s training programs will assist in meeting the demand.
Norcross Institute of Allied Health upholds all federal and state laws that preclude discrimination based on race, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disabilities or veteran’s status.